One of the most popular forms of tattoos is the tattoo of the calf, which is appreciated by men, women, girls and boys. Not only does the calf provide an excellent backdrop for large tattoos with broad strokes; but it is also a perfect place for those who wish to hide their body art works for professional or other reasons. It will be enough for them to wear a garment that will cover their legs and the tattoo will be invisible during interviews or business meetings. By cons, on the beach or in the evening, more outfits will allow you to show the world again …
The thickness of the skin on this part of the body makes the tattoo itself less painful than if it were placed on a location closer to the bones, such as the hips, wrists, ribs and lower back . All these factors make calf tattoos a very good option for beginners who are considering getting tattooed for the first time …
Benefits of tattoos on the calves
If you are considering tattooing the calf, knowing the benefits of this type of tattoo can help you take the plunge. Well, the good news is that the calf has a lot of advantages … So here are some of the highlights to expect from tattoos placed on this area:
– Wide variety of drawings – That's one of the great benefits of the calves. Thanks to this, you will always find a beautiful drawing to print on it. You can even create your own composition and have your professional tattoo artist reproduce it on your body.
– Elegant rendering – Be aware that wearing one of these tattoos can give you a really elegant touch in the eyes of others. And this, mainly, thanks to the wide variety of sophisticated designs existing for this area of the body …
– Booster of confidence – If you know exactly what you want and you get an elegant tattoo beautifully designed for your calf, it will certainly reflect what you are. This is why you will have more confidence in yourself and be able to show yourself as you are to those around you.
– More sex appeal… – As the calf is a symbol of virility, you will certainly become a sex symbol in the eyes of many women around you. It's probably something you'll love if you're a man.
Disadvantages of tattoos on the calves
Together with the incredible benefits that this type of place can offer you, there are some disadvantages that it is better not to forget. This short list will help you decide whether you want to take it or not:
– Sometimes a very painful place – One of the biggest drawbacks of these tattoos is that they can sometimes be very painful. If the drawing covers only the main part of the calf, this will not be the case, but if it covers the entire area and extends further, expect it to be more painful. This is because the leg, where the calf is located, is a bone site.
– A more expensive place – As the type of drawing that is usually placed on the calves has a fairly sophisticated rendering, you will need to speak to a great expert in tattoos. There is no room for error because the smallest of them (in terms of proportions for example) would irreparably destroy the elegance of the motif. That's why this type of printing requires talent, time and work, which makes it more expensive.