The designs of the Aztec tattoos are among the most popular tattoo designs in men. In addition to the attraction of their unique visual appearance, Aztec symbols are also often associated with the traditions, beliefs, rituals and gods of this people, making these symbols an even more attractive tattoo option. Most people who choose an Aztec design for their body art work believe that these spiritual and traditional connotations can, in one way or another, provide them with the same protection and the same positive energies as those enjoyed by Aztecs when they were tattooed the same symbol.
On the other hand, some people also consider Aztec symbols as a representation of their personality or their life experiences. And, since the Aztecs used symbols as the basis of written communication, you will undoubtedly find enough drawings to choose from for your tattoo to fulfill the function you want to give it.
Meaning of Aztec Tattoos
Aztec tattoos can mean different things depending on the chosen pattern. The richness of the culture and traditions of this people is strongly reflected in their use of different symbols and meaningful motifs. It is this richness that makes them an excellent source of expressive concepts for body art.
Generally, wearing an Aztec tattoo symbolizes the fact that you believe in mysticism, in the existence of a higher power, in nature and in its energies. All of these factors are combined in each pattern, making each of them a powerful symbol. Their meaning is defined by the good energies they represent. Whether it's creation, knowledge or life in the afterlife, the Aztecs firmly believed that wearing a symbolic representation printed in ink on the body can help us win the favor of their gods.
Of course, what we have presented to you are only the main representative meanings of the Aztec tattoos. You may have a different view of the wearing of these body compositions, which may represent your personality or your life experiences.
Types of Aztec tattoo designs
1. Aztec eagle tattoo
The Aztec tattoo that represents an eagle is one of the most popular designs in this type of body art, especially because this tattoo represents courage, power and strength, which are the prime attributes of any protector – a usually associated role to the man. Historically, the main bearers of the Aztec eagle were the warriors of the tribe. They tattooed this motif to symbolize their pride and their duty.
2. Aztec sun tattoo
An aztec attoo of sun represents life, light, power and leadership. The most frequently used symbol for representing the Aztec sun is the Aztec calendar. The latter contains many images that represent each month and, in a different way, the sun god of the Aztecs, making it the ideal drawing for men who are looking for a large room to be tattooed. People who choose this drawing often show a leading personality.
3. Aztec Crocodile Tattoo
The tattoo of the Aztec crocodile is often associated with creation. The Aztecs believed that this creature resembling a monster was, in fact, the first god and that the earth was made of the body of this frightening creature. In view of this belief, it can be said that this tattoo design is an ideal choice for the innovators of the earth who want to create their own products. This symbolic creature can help you reap the good energies that will give you the courage to go beyond the norms and create something new.
4. Aztec feathered snake tattoo
The tattoo of the Aztec feathered serpent represents the most powerful god of the Aztecs. They thought that Quetzalcóatl was the god of learning, creativity, science, arts and craftsmanship. It was also the patron saint of merchants and priests. Men who know the attributes of this god choose the drawing of the feathered serpent as their tattoo motif to help them catalyze the positive energies that surround them and bring them luck in their projects.
5. Aztec warrior tattoo
The tattooed image of an Aztec warrior symbolizes life after death. This drawing is often combined with that of the Aztec eagle. The eagle is the primary source of strength and courage of the hero when he begins his journey to the hereafter. This symbolic representation is the reason why this type of tattoo is very popular with soldiers or people who risk their lives in the exercise of their duty. These people think that the symbol of the Aztec warrior will help them to reap the good energies necessary to make their transition into the other life easier.
Ideal place for Aztec tattoos
Aztec tattoos can be placed at almost anywhere on the body. Choosing the right place for your tattoo will depend on many factors such as size, color, pattern, and lifestyle.
Large tattoo designs such as the Aztec eagle or the Aztec calendar are ideal for the back or arms. The space offered by the back or a complete sleeve allows the tattoo artist to have a greater margin of maneuver and to perform the details of the drawing as well as possible. These places also give you the opportunity to highlight the best lines of the Aztec symbol you want to use for your tattoo.
The place where to place a small Aztec pattern is even easier to choose. You can use your hands, palms, neck, feet, legs or forearms for this type of tattoos. The small Aztec designs will usually look good on the smaller parts of your body, because these will make the drawing look bigger.
Your lifestyle should also be an important factor in choosing the perfect place to place your tattoo. If you are constantly working with chemicals or other potentially dangerous items for your skin, the best place to place your tattoo (so that it is not attacked) is probably your neck, your back and the top of your arms .
Preparation tips before your tattoo session
– The preparation of your Aztec tattoo session begins with the choice of drawing. Create the final drawing of your Aztec work and decide where you want to place your tattoo.
– Read the indications and recommendations available to determine the most famous tattoo artist in your neighborhood or the most highly recommended tattoo studio around. Find an institution specializing in Aztec drawings. An expert artist in Aztec tattoos can give you valuable tips to improve your basic concept or design.
– Find out about the basic price and hourly rates of your favorite tattoo artist to be financially ready. This should allow you to know if you have enough money to pay for the design you want to wear.
– Condition your skin before going to your tattoo session. Your skin will be the main backdrop for your body art work. If your skin is in poor condition, your tattoo may not be in good condition: so be sure to make every effort to keep your skin healthy. Drink plenty of water and eat foods rich in vitamins C, E and A.
– Shave if necessary. Aztec tattoo designs are usually made with a solid black ink that can be difficult to see on a skin full of hair. So, if you think of placing your tattoo on a hairier part of your body such as your chest, your back, your arms or your legs, it is strongly advised to shave yourself. Removing existing hairs from where you want to place your tattoo will allow you to remove some unnecessary obstructions to the tattoo artist's work.
– Eat before going to your tattoo session, as these may take a while to finish. And even if you will be entitled to small breaks during the session, it is best that you come well prepared, to avoid starting to starve during work.
Estimation of realization costs and standard prices of Aztec tattoos
One of the most popular places in France to get tattooed is Paris. The capital offers a wide variety of renowned tattoos studios recognized by various associations of professional tattoo artists. These help to protect customers by guaranteeing them a safe practice of body art and by setting standards and standards that their members must adhere to.
Some of the most popular studios in Paris calculate their average price based on the size of the design of your Aztec tattoo. The base area (about 2.5 cm by 2.5 cm) costs about € 60, to which will be added € 30 for each new area started. The head of the studio or the tattoo artist can make a discount depending on the location, size and complexity of the tattoo you want.
You can also check out the special offers and promotions available for your favorite tattoo studio. The most famous studios in Paris always offer special promotions, such as a 6-hour work session of a renowned tattoo artist at 500 €. These usually charge € 150 per hour, which means that you can save € 400 through this promotion.
On average, a tattoo artist who is a member of an association of professional tattoo artists charges between € 75 and € 150 an hour for each drawing. The hourly price varies according to the degree of expertise of the artist and the complexity of the drawing. In some cases, an artist may require an additional 10 to 25% for compositions located on more difficult or more sensitive parts of the body.
Aztec Tattoos Maintenance Tips
Your ability to take care of your new aquisition can affect the future of your tattoo and determine how long it will stay bright and vibrant – which in turn will indicate when your tattoo will need to be retouched. These are the main reasons why you should take the time to learn how to take care of your Aztec tattoo properly. To give you an idea of the best way to keep your body art work, check out the list of tips below:
* After your tattoo session, make sure you have made a note of the do's and don'ts reported by the tattoo artist. A good tattooist will warn you of the mistakes that novices usually make in this area and will give you valuable tips that will help you speed up the healing process.
* The healing process of your tattoo is the most critical part of the process. This stage requires the greatest care and attention on your part. Regularly washing your tattoo with antibacterial soap can help it heal faster and prevent unwanted scars.
* In addition to washing your tattoo regularly, you should also consider applying creams that will moisturize your tattoo and speed up the tattoo's healing process.
* Once the injury is completely healed, the next step will be to find a way to prolong the vibration of the color and details of your tattoo. This means that you will need to regularly moisturize your skin and apply sunscreen on the drawing whenever necessary.
The information we have given here can help you acquire the basic knowledge you will need if you want to acquire an Aztec tattoo design.