As they are very old reptiles, snakes have fascinated and frightened human beings for thousands of years. They have been powerful symbols, present in thousands of stories – from scriptures to modern day narratives. We have written for you a little dictionary of snake tattoos that explains the meanings behind different versions of snake tattoo designs. Continue your reading and let yourself be charmed by the mysterious look of this fascinating reptile!
Dictionary of snake tattoos
– Dragon and snake: represented together, the dragon and the snake symbolize the balance. While dragons represent wildness and passion, snakes symbolize the calm and the minute side of nature.
– Eagle and snake: this tattoo drawing represents the conflict between doing what is right or falling into temptation. The snake represents sexual passion while the eagle symbolizes nobility and morality. In many versions of this tattoo drawing, the eagle is depicted victorious.
– Royal Cobra: designed to protect snake charmers from the attacks of these reptiles, the royal cobra tattoo is considered a sacred symbol representing, as a tattoo design, nobility and good financial health.
– Ouroboros: this tattoo drawing shows a snake in the form of a ring, eating its own tail. This ancient Asian symbol represents the cycle of life, birth and death included.
– Rattlesnake: honored by the Aztecs, Mayans and native tribes of Central America, the rattlesnake, in the form of a tattoo design, represents the hidden strength and immortal spirit of the loser.
– Rose and snake: represented together, the rose and the snake, in the form of a tattoo, represent the ultimate symbol of temptation. They also represent the loss of innocence and beauty.
– Death's head and snake: strong symbol of death and decadence, the tattoo drawing showing a skull and a snake is a reminder of the mortality of the human being.
Snakes are powerful forces of nature that symbolize man's primary desires and instincts, but also obstacles to our spirituality. While some drawings of snake tattoos symbolize mortality and the temptation of the devil, others represent noble principles and strength of resilience. If you know of another outstanding drawing of snake tattoo, let us know by leaving a comment in the section provided!